COVID-19 > STAGE 3 – Return to Bowls Guidelines
Thursday, July 9th 2020
Today we received verbal advice from Sport & Recreation Victoria (Victorian Government) and Vicsport regarding use of greens, and can now advise clubs of the following.
Clubs located in Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire Council areas:
- Indoor Bowls facilities in Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell must remain closed.
- Members must contact their local club as to when they are open.
- Maximum of 10 people per green, and a maximum of 2 people per rink.
- 1.5m minimum distance must be maintained between each rink.
- All Jacks & Mats must be cleaned and disinfected before and after use, and only handled by one person.
- Club houses must be closed (other than bathroom facilities).
- Clubs must receive approval from their local council to open their Club.
Tuesday, July 7th 2020
Dear BV Members & Clubs,
Bowls Victoria are aware of the recent announcements made by the Victorian Premier this afternoon.
As Metropolitan Melbourne prepares for a 6-week lockdown as of 11:59pm Wednesday July 8, we will advise as soon as we can (by Thursday) with up-to-date advice from Sport & Recreation Victoria (Victorian Government) and
Vicsport for our Bowls Clubs that are located in the Metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire areas.
Thank you again for your understanding as we navigate through the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
UPDATED: Includes advice from the June 18th, 20th and 23rd 2020.
With regard to the Victorian Premier’s latest announcement on Saturday June 20, Bowls Victoria has one change to the previously communicated Stage 3 advice.
Clubhouses with licensed venues can operate for no more than 20 people and not the previously advised 50 people as per the State Government guidelines for bars and clubs.
Please continue to follow the ‘general around the green hygiene’ advice below as we all continue to do our bit to stay safe on the green.
As per the ‘non-contact competition’ advice from the Victorian Government & VicSport, the Metropolitan Pennant Divisional Finals (Weekend & Midweek) will proceed as advised.
Thursday, June 18th 2020
Thanks for being patient as we navigate through the release of easing of restrictions (Stage 3) from the Victorian Government.
Following the planned easing of restrictions from the Victorian Government and discussions with Sport & Recreation Victoria, VicSport and Bowls Australia, the below information from Bowls Victoria lists significant steps forward for our sport returning to play in a full capacity (pending further announcements from the Victorian State Government).
Bowls Clubs and Bowls Regions are encouraged to apply for a short-term survival package from the Victorian State Government as part of helping our sport reboot, rebound and recover from COVID-19.
The following advice is for our Bowls Victoria Clubs and members as of Monday June 22. Until the Victorian Government releases a further update (estimated to be in mid-July), these measures are for the foreseeable future, to keep Victorian Bowlers safe.
- Clubs can accommodate up to 32 people on an outdoor green at any one time.
- Clubs with an indoor green can accommodate up to 20 people only.
- Clubs can have up to 8 players on a rink, but if 8 players are on a rink, rinks must be spaced 1.5m apart.
- Spectators around an outdoor green at all matches are limited to 20 people per green (spectators are numbers in addition to those playing) and should be scattered around the perimeter at least 1.5m apart.
- Club houses with licensed venues can operate for 20 people as per the Premier’s advice from June 20.
- Club houses (non-licensed) can re-open as per the Premier’s advice for up to 20 people.
- Changerooms and showers can open for up to 20 people.
- Club Championship Games (and other competitions) are permitted.
- Clubs must have all appropriate signage at the club to advise members on the requirements of play in Stage 3.
- NSW clubs affiliated with Bowls Victoria should also consider and abide by their State Government legislation.
- Clubs must keep a list of who attends the venue/club and keep a record of their phone number and at what day/time they arrived at the club to assist with contact tracing if required. Download the BV Contact Tracing Register.
- Corporate and Barefoot Bowls is permitted for up to 32 people per green, but clubs must keep a record of each visitors’ phone number and what day/time they arrived and departed at the club to assist with contact tracing if required. Bowls Victoria recommends that these types of programs are held off until the middle of July when the next lifting of restrictions are predicted.
- Bowlers must practice social distancing (1.5m apart) always.
- Up to 8 People per rink is permitted.
- Rinks should be positioned a minimum of 1.5 metres apart.
General Around the Green Hygiene:
- Please refrain from shaking hands, high-fives or any contact with others and keep 1.5m apart.
- Please refrain from handling other people’s bowls.
- Mats and jacks should be handled by a minimal amount of people.
- Please keep your hands clean by having sanitiser readily available at the club.
- Wash your hands before and after play.
- Wear clean uniform.
- If you are feeling unwell then you should not attend the club under any circumstances.
- Members in a high-risk category should strongly consider whether they should or should not be playing as per their own circumstances and/or medical advice.
- If a member is sick or comes into contact with someone that may have tested positive to COVID-19, the club must let Bowls Victoria know immediately.
Club Poster – COVID-19 Guidelines for Participants
Click here to download for Desktop Printers.
Print ready poster for Professional Printers.
Pennant & State Championships Updates
Bowls Victoria are committed to providing safe environments to play our remaining Metropolitan Pennant Matches & State Championships.
As per the above advice, competition matches scheduled from June 22 will be limited to 20 spectators and will proceed ahead as per advertised.
More information will be sent to competing clubs and players regarding Pennant & State Championships before Monday June 22.
The team at Bowls Victoria.
PAST COVID-19 RELATED COMMUNICATIONS
Further information about COVID-19 and past BV correspondences regarding future events can be found here.
LOOK AFTER YOURSELF
Your mental well being is important, don’t ignore it.