UPDATE: Thursday 1st April, 2021.
For the latest update around the new mandatory QR code/electronic record-keeping requirements, please read our article here:
As of February 17, 2021.
UPDATE: Thursday 10th December, 2020.
As part of the Premier’s COVID-19 update, from 11:59pm on Sunday, 6 December 2020 Victoria moves to COVIDSafe Summer restrictions, there were some more positive changes for bowlers and clubs.
A number of changes have been made to our Return to Play Guidelines, to highlight a few key areas:
- Tea/Coffee stations can be set up with single portion packs
- Number of players now not capped but subject to density limits
- Masks not required for bowling or spectating
- All types of competitions can be played
- QR Code Contact Tracing recommended (mandatory for 2sqm rule)
- Seated service no longer required with standing in bars permitted
- Water fountains are still classed as high risk but can be used
- Refrain from shaking hands, high-fives or any contact with others, and keep 1.5 metres apart. Refrain from handling other people’s bowls.
- Mats and jacks should be handled by one person only.
- Please keep your hands clean by having sanitiser readily available at the club.
- Wash your hands before and after play.
- Wear a clean uniform.
- If you are feeling unwell then you should not attend the club under any circumstances.
- Members in a high-risk category should strongly consider whether they should or should not be playing as per their own circumstances and/or medical advice.
- If a member is sick or comes into contact with someone that may have tested positive to COVID-19, the club must let Bowls Victoria know immediately.
Under the new restrictions, greenkeepers can continue to carry out their work with a COVID-Safe plan.
State Government Requirements:
- Your club must provide both a COVID Safe Plan.
- Please note: If you have a contracted greenkeeper who is self-employed they must have their own COVID Safe Plan.
- If they are an employee of a company, that company must have a COVID Safe Plan.
- If you employ a greenkeeper directly you are responsible for having a COVID Safe Plan.
Clubs are required to have their COVID Safe Plan if applicable in place from 11:59pm, 7th of August, 2020.
For the latest Premier’s COVID-19 Statements, please click here.
Links to the latest COVID-19 information and resources, including current restriction levels, are available from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) here.