Bowls Victoria’s 16 Regions around the state compete at the Region Sides Championships each year.
All regions select a representative team of up to 14 players to compete each year.
2023 EVENT INFORMATION ℹ️
Dates: Friday May 26th – Sunday May 28th, 2023.
NAVIGATION: Please click the ˅ icon to the right for more information.
Men & Women
LIVESTREAMING INFO 📺
📱🔄 Can’t see the full table on your phone? Try rotating to landscape.
|Friday||12:30pm||Women’s Rd 1||Ovens & Murray||vs||Yarra|
|Friday||2:50pm||Men’s Rd 2||Metro West||vs||Northern Gateway|
|Saturday||9:00am||Men’s Rd 3||Murray Mallee||vs||Geelong|
|Saturday||11:20pm||Women’s Rd 4||Metro West||vs||West Coast|
|Saturday||2:00pm||Men’s Rd 5||Gippsland||vs||Ballarat Highlands|
|Sunday||9:00am||Women’s Rd 6||Northern Gateway||vs||Ovens & Murray|
|Sunday||11:20am||Men’s Rd 7||Bendigo Campaspe Goldfields||vs||Metro West|
|Sunday||2:00pm||Final||Gold Section Winners||vs||Silver Section Winners|
👍 Like and Follow our Facebook page for event livestreaming and photo alerts!
Moama Bowling Club
6 Shaw St, Moama NSW 273
P: 1800 806 777
Echuca Bowls Club
211 Ogilvie Ave, Echuca VIC 3564
P: 03 5482 1483
PREVIOUS WINNERS 🏆
2023 & 2024 EVENT REVIEW 🔍
Bowls Victoria undertook an extensive Event Review in June 2022 with Sports Business Partners (now Solucio).
General recommendations were made for all state events, including event specific recommendations.
Recommended changes to the Region Sides Championships were the following:
- Align into Pathway Program better, in both selection and calendar placement
- Pilot groups that enable like-for-like competition
- Introduce consistent selection process across all regions
- Move to a tiered Gold and Silver system, using rankings from previous 2 events to determine placings. 8 sides per tier.
- Top 2 sides in Gold to playoff for the Region Sides Title.
- Bottom 2 sides from Gold relegated to Silver.
- Top 2 sides in Silver to playoff for the Region Sides Silver Title. Both Sides contesting the Silver Final promoted to Gold for the following year.
- Due to most regions having booked accommodation, the May dates and 3 day event schedule will remain.
- Event to move to 2nd Saturday in January and reduce to 2 days – Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th of January
- Gold and Silver tiers remain
- 2 x sections of 4 within the tiers, based off performance in 2023 event
- 3 sectional games on the Saturday
- Finals on the Sunday. Winners of Gold sections to play off for the Region Sides Title, Silver winners to play for Silver Title and promotion