Nominations sought for Elected Director position
Bowls Victoria is currently seeking nominations for the Elected Director position for a three-year term.
We are calling for nominations to join the Bowls Victoria Board, as per the Bowls Victoria constitution and following the process and timeline outlined below.
The seat on the Board currently held by Mark Casey OAM is up for election, noting that Mark has signalled his intention to re-nominate for the position, which is endorsed by the Bowls Victoria Board.
Once applications are received, the Bowls Victoria Nominations Committee will meet to discuss all candidates as required. They will then make their recommendation to Member Clubs according to the skills matrix of the current Board Members and the requirements of the Strategic Plan.
To be clear, Member Clubs can vote according to the Nominations Committee recommendation or their own choice.
The purpose of the Nominations Committee recommendation is to ensure the skillset of the Bowls Victoria Board is appropriate for the strategic priorities and to avoid the occurrence of an abundance of similar skills – e.g. a Board comprising 4 lawyers and 3 chefs.
Clubs will then vote (online voting) to elect the Director to fill the position. As per the gender requirements of Bowls Victoria’s Elected Directors as listed in Clause 17.2(a)(i) of the Constitution, the 2023 election candidates may be of any gender as the remaining two Elected Directors comprise one male and one female.
The principal role of the BV Board is to:
- Oversee, approve and monitor strategy.
- Appoint the Chief Executive Officer and evaluate his or her performance.
- Provide guardianship of corporate values.
- Monitor the integrity of financial reporting and the annual budget.
- Oversee risk management and legal compliance.
Information for potential candidates:
- Nominees must be a member of a Bowls Victoria affiliated Bowls Club.
- Nominees should be aware of the time commitment involved; the Board meets approximately eight times each year in a mixture of online and face-to-face meetings, outside of business hours.
- In addition to Board meetings, Directors may be asked to make occasional trips in support of the Association’s strategy by attending bowls and non-bowls events. Travel and accommodation expenses incurred are reimbursed at cost.
- This is a voluntary role without remuneration and nominees will be subject to a Police Check.
- The Bowls Victoria Nominations Committee has identified the preferred skillset/experience for the Elected Director position which includes one (or a combination) of the following, noting the list is not exhaustive:
- High Performance
- Government Relations
Nominees are strongly encouraged to familiarise themselves with the Bowls Victoria Constitution, Regulations, Strategic Plan 2022-25 and Board Charter, which are all available at www.bowlsvic.org.au
How to Apply:
- Nominees must complete the Bowls Victoria Nomination form below which includes an introduction and career statement and attach their CV (no more than 4 pages).
- Nominations must be proposed and seconded by members representing two (2) different Clubs affiliated with Bowls Victoria.
- Nominations must be submitted using the online form below and must be received no later than 4th September, 2023. Late nominations will not be accepted.
If required, an election will be held online in the week commencing 25 September 2023, with details to be advised closer to the date.
Please contact us on 03 9861 7100 if you have any queries regarding the role of a Director at Bowls Victoria.