Seeking Bowls Coordinator
About the Club:
Pakenham Bowls Club (PBC) has two synthetic greens, great surrounds, and amenities. Our Banks Green has a roof and lights allowing for all year and evening bowling.
In 2022-2023 Season PBC fielded 4 Weekend teams and 3 Midweek Teams. Of the 7 teams 5 were successful in winning their divisions.
In the 2023-2024 Season we will field teams in Weekend Pennant in Division 1, 3, 5 and 7, and in Midweek in Division 1, 3 and 5.
PBC is a progressive club and focused on continual improvement of our Pennant Sides, our long-term vision is to reach and maintain a Premier League side, Division 1, 2, 3
As well as the primary duties, you will be expected to play for PBC in Saturday Pennant.
Remuneration will be negotiated during the interview and will include a club shirt and full PBC membership plus green fees for the season.
Oversee bowls acitities, including:
- Promoting Bowler participation in Eastern Rangers
- Organising and facilitating 3 major tournaments
- Develop and encourage local school participation to develop a youth team.
- Promotion of club membership – New bowler liaison.
- General encouragement of bowlers with a view to sustainable member retention and recruitment of new bowlers
The successful applicant will need to have:
- A friendly and approachable demeanour, creating a welcoming atmosphere for all club members and visitors. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and interact effectively with members, stakeholders and the broader community.
- Experience in organizing and managing sports events, preferably within a lawn bowls or similar environment.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- First aid knowledge or certificate to handle any potential medical emergencies.
- Has had experience bowling in State, Premier or Division 1.
Applications close on the 20th August 2023 for further enquiries please contact Glenn Bainbridge on 0488 994 591.