Seeking Venue/Sports Club Manager
Located in the Albert Park Reserve, The Middle Park Bowling Club has been an important part of the local community for almost 120 years and is the leading Lawn Bowls / Function Venue in Albert Park Sporting Precinct. Not your traditional bowls club, we regularly host varied functions and events in our venue spaces with 3 amazing greens which are some of the best in Victoria and attractive to pennant and social bowlers alike.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Manager to lead our team into the next phase of our commercial and bowling club progress.
The role is a great fit for an energetic, enthusiastic and forward-thinking person committed to leadership and team development. Operational responsibilities will include staff management including a Bar Manager and casual staff, stock management, membership and client satisfaction, event promotion and function organisation whist further developing operational procedures. We’re a very busy venue during the summer function season so you’ll be capable of managing small and large bookings of those wanting to book a rink for barefoot bowling through to large corporate functions, whilst also managing and promoting the clubs bowling activities to the broader community. You’ll be supported by an active and supportive Board of Management in achieving our financial and club objectives.
- Experience at managing sports club or similar hospitality venue
- Ability to recruit, train, manage and roster staff based on needs
- Excellent customer service and member engagement
- Management skills at handling client enquiries via email, phone and walk ins alongside managing small and large function bookings in a sometimes very busy environment.
- Ability to step up and work under pressure during peak periods.
- Demonstrated ability to work with management team to achieve objectives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- RSA and Liquor Licencing regulation knowledge
- Lawn Bowls playing and administrative experience an advantage
- Attractive Salary Package circa $90k negotiable
- 6 Weeks annual leave
- Manage own working hours as demand requires
- No restaurant or gaming on premises
- Late morning starts with generally early evening close
- Great environment – Albert Park setting
- Easy access with Middle Park Light Rail stop at door alongside on-site car parking
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a great team driving a fantastic venue. If this sounds like the next step in your hospitality career we’d love to hear from you. Please start the conversation by emailing your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org