Seeking Head Greenkeeper
Traralgon Bowls Club is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Head Green Keeper with an immediate start to lead our green keeping team. This is a permanent full-time position with above award remuneration for the right candidate.
Traralgon Bowls Club is one of the biggest regional bowls clubs in Victoria, with over 245 fully affiliated bowls members and 2,500 social members. We have 4 greens in total, 2 bent grass greens, 1 outdoor synthetic (currently under construction) and our world class Indoor Bowling Centre which was opened in 2019 with fantastic lighting that permits games to be played at any time of the day or night.
Competing in the Strzelecki Region, we currently field 6 pennant teams in Weekend Pennant (Division 1 – 6) and 4 teams in Midweek Pennant (Division 1 – 4).
With the Victorian Open recently being announced as coming to the Latrobe Valley from March 2023, we see our Club and the sport of bowls in general growing within our region.
In this full-time role you will be reporting directly to the Secretary-Manager and be responsible for the renovation and maintenance of the Clubs bowling greens, maintenance of Club gardens and surrounds.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following:
- Have a proven effective record in communicating with members, staff, management and Bowls Committee
- Comprehensive knowledge of bowling green construction, renovation, and maintenance.
- An eye for detail to consistently enhance the standards and quality of the greens.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage
- Ability to lead a small team of staff
- Experience in chemical and fertilizer applications
- Ability to develop and maintain an annual Greens Maintenance programme
- Whilst having a trade qualification or working towards a trade qualification are desirable, they are not required. Previous experience will also be taken into consideration.
This is a great opportunity to join a great club working across 4 bowling greens and surrounds with an emphasis on presenting the clubs bowling greens to the highest standards.