Seeking Bowls Coordinator
Club Sunbury won Bowls Australia “Club of The Year” in 2021 and the Community Clubs Victoria, Best Regional Refurbishment in the same year.
Club Sunbury is the home of the BPL Team, Melbourne eXtreme and the UBC Team, Club Sunbury eXtreme. We have eleven pennant sides playing metro wide, our members compete in a broad range of local, regional, and national tournaments. Our immaculate turf greens are the preferred venue for many regional , state-wide and national tournaments.
Our X-Dome undercover green is a commercial venture which will see your business development skills come to fruition in delivering the Clubs strategy for expansive markets attraction and bowls sports penetration within the local community.
The Club is seeking a passionate and hands-on professional to fulfil the role of Bowls Coordinator. This position will report directly to the General Manager.
The Bowls Coordinator will be required to represent Club Sunbury in the Pennant Season and as required at Regional and State Games.
The ideal person should possess:
- to prospect for new customers/clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- develop a rapport with new clients and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for Club Sunbury. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Bowls Co-Ordinators responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the Club.
- Experience in the daily co-ordination of a Bowls Office including the organisation and administration of social bowls, Corporate Bowls Days, Region Events, and State events, creating and maintaining annual bowls calendar.
- The ability to promote, organise and co-ordinate Open entry tournaments profitably.
- Skills to effectively communicate results of matches to Region, State and/or media outlets.
- The ability to weekly notify greens and Club staff of the bowls schedule.
- The ability to roster staff for Barefoot Bowls, Corporate and other bowls activities all year round.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, internal and external
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Above average proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, social media and website tools
- Strong diplomatic skills and the ability to promote a team environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and deal with a wide variation of Member’s enquiries.
- The potential to be a positive representative for the Club and encourage new membership
- Involvement with junior development and Schools Bowls programs.
A competitive remuneration package with incentives will be offered to the successful candidate.
Closing date/time for applications: Friday 8 July 2022 at 5pm
If you believe that you have the necessary skills and passion to undertake this great opportunity, then please forward your resume with a covering letter to:
The General Manager
PO Box 229, Sunbury Vic 3429