Bowls Victoria Director Vacancy
Call for Applications
Bowls Victoria has the opportunity to appoint up to three Directors to the BV Board, to assist with advancing the sport.
There is currently one female position vacant, for which we are seeking applications.
Directors must act in the best interests of the sport of lawn bowls within Victoria and positively contribute to ensure Bowls Victoria is professionally managed and constantly improved. The principal role of the Bowls Victoria Board is to:
- Oversee, approve and monitor strategy;
- Oversee the implementation of the Business Plan including the Annual Budget;
- Appoint the Chief Executive Officer and evaluate their performance;
- Provide guardianship of corporate values;
- Monitor the integrity of financial reporting;
- Oversee risk management and legal compliance;
- Oversee stakeholder communications.
What are the applicant requirements?
- Legal expertise will be highly regarded.
- Communications, Marketing and/or Public Relations expertise will be highly regarded.
- Applicants should be aware of the time commitment involved – the Board meets mid-week from 10am to 3pm, generally eight times per year, and Board Committees also meet several times per year as required. All Board and Committee meetings are held at the Bowls Victoria office in Hawthorn East (post COVID-19).
- In addition to Board meetings, Directors may be asked to make occasional trips in support of the organisation’s strategy by attending bowls and non-bowls events. Travel and accommodation expenses incurred are reimbursed at cost.
- This is a voluntary role without remuneration.
- Applicants may be subject to a Police Check.
Desired Attributes of a Director:
- Demonstrates integrity by putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests and acting ethically;
- Has curiosity and courage to ask questions and persist in asking or challenging management and fellow Directors where necessary;
- Demonstrates advanced interpersonal skills by working well in a group, listening well and respectfully communicating their point of view;
- Demonstrates good business instincts and acumen and an ability to get to the crux of the issue quickly;
- Able to be an active contributor with adequate time to devote to the organisation’s affairs, read Board papers and actively contribute during meetings.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must submit an introduction and career statement and attach their CV (no more than 6 pages) via email.
- Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us on 03 9861 7100 if you have any queries regarding the role of a Director at Bowls Victoria.