Update to Victorian Restrictions, & confirmed Metropolitan Pennant start.
UPDATE: Tuesday 10th November, 2020.
Bowls Victoria is pleased to confirm that the Metropolitan Pennant season will commence as per the dates previously published:
- Thursday 26th November 2020 (Thursday 7-a-side)
- Saturday 28th November 2020 (Weekend Pennant)
- Tuesday 1st December 2020 (Midweek Pennant)
To read the most recent event update click here.
As previously advised, the final draw will be released by early next week.
Following the Premier’s recent update, we know everyone will be pleased that the 25km travel restriction has now been lifted. So with just a few weeks before Metro Pennant commences there will no doubt be lots of long overdue catch ups with family and friends taking place around the state.
With practice matches able to proceed in Metro Melbourne, we hope that members are now starting to get back on the greens, following the DHHS guidelines around the ‘number of people required to play the sport”. In Regional Victoria where competitions are in full swing in many areas, we hope that all necessary COVID-Safe practices are being carried out and that members and clubs are doing all that you can to stay safe.
Clubs should be pleased to see in this week’s update, that as well as social bowls, barefoot bowls can also now commence, with a cap of 10 per group, and groups separated by 10 metres.
Bowls Victoria is still liaising with Government about the use of masks in hot weather, for now they are still mandatory.
There have been some questions around spacing and partitions for hospitality areas, and according to current guidelines we can confirm the following:
- Temporary structures remain allowed to separate indoor spaces, otherwise 5m distance is required between clusters of up to 10 patrons.
- An indoor space may be split into indoor zones in which up to 10 members of the public (excluding infants under one year of age) may be seated, so long as each member of the public is seated at least 5 metres away from any member of the public seated in an adjacent indoor zone. The number of members of the public in each indoor zone may consist of multiple unrelated group bookings.
We again ask members and clubs to show patience and flexibility in what is an incredibly unusual set of circumstances. We are doing everything we can to get people back playing and seeing their mates – in a safe manner.
- For the latest State Government COVID-19 update, please click here.
- Links to the latest COVID-19 information and resources, including current restriction levels, are available from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) here.
As COVID-19 remains a rapidly changing and evolving global situation, we will continue to work with relevant government authorities to provide the Bowls community with new and updated information as it comes to hand.
Please stay safe and look after each other.