2 Great Employment Opportunities
The Torquay Bowls Club (TBC) has evolved over the past 98 years and now boasts 2 fantastic greens (synthetic and grass). With a view of the ocean that is unprecedented in the bowls community. Our Centenary year is 2024.
We are now recruiting for a Greenskeeper. If you have the necessary skills and experience, please find the scope of works and
application details below:
- Maintain one grass green and syntenic to a satisfactory playing level to allow play on all rinks in all directions. The grass green is currently bent grass.
- Certificate 3 in Sport Turf Management
- To be experienced in chemical and fertilizer applications and be able to keep a record to be communicated to the Greens Manager of maintenance performed.
- To ensure a watering schedule is arranged and communicated to the Greens Manager
- Be able to carry out necessary works on the greens and renovate when necessary with the approval of the Bowls Committee and/or Board of management
- To set up rinks/greens as required for bowling practice, pennant, tournaments and social bowls.
- Mark lines on the green when necessary.
- Ensure the workshop is kept tidy and safe from any hazards. Inform the Greens Manager of any equipment maintenance issues as soon as practical.
- To provide the Greens Manager with a report every month for the Bowls Committee.
- To mow and maintain the grass banks surrounding the greens.
Please supply details of Greens you currently maintain or have maintained over the last years.
Application must be submitted by 5pm on 19th March 2023 via email to email@example.com
Any further queries or venue inspection please contact Brendan Gaudion via above email.
The successful applicant will start end of March 2023.
MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The Torquay Bowls Club (TBC) has evolved over the past 98 years.
With a view of the ocean that is unprecedented in the bowls community. Our Centenary year is 2024 and we are now recruiting for a Part Time Media and Communications Coordinator.
Salary: A competitive remuneration package with KPI incentives will be offered to the
The Media and Communications Coordinator is part of the Torquay Bowls Club (team and is responsible for developing and implementing media, communication and social media strategies to grow engagement and income to help TBC achieve its vision.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated understanding of media management.
- A strong track record in social media management and communications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage content on TBC’s website keeping it up to date.
- Develop and maintain TBC’s membership database.
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated understanding of technology platforms and digital communications.
- Well-developed collaborative skills and risk awareness.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th March 2023.