Bowls Victoria is trialling a promotional permit, available to all clubs across the state, once a season, prior to Christmas.
Key aims of the Promotional Permit are:
- Encourage clubs to promote the sport of lawn bowls in their area
- Encourage clubs to promote their club to the local area
- Encourage clubs to host fund raising nights such as Sportsman’s nights and club coaching sessions with the promotional permit players
- Create sponsorship opportunities for clubs
- Create revenue making opportunities for clubs and players
- Increase exposure for clubs and players
The rules around the Promotional Permit are:
- One per season, per club. Must be used prior to Christmas break.
- Can only be used on players from another region/state/country.
- Promotional player must fit within the 3-player marquee cap for a club
- Player must not already be playing on a pennant permit form for that season in that competition (eg, a Player on a Weekend permit to their non-primary club for weekend pennant is not eligible for a promotional permit for weekend pennant).
- If playing in metropolitan pennant, the player must be from a regional region, not another metropolitan region.
- An eligible player can play on multiple promotional permits.
- Form must be completed, and approved by BV, 14 days prior to promotional permit player representing the club.