Seeking Bowls Club Coordinator
St Kilda Bowling Club is looking for an enthusiastic person to join one of the oldest clubs in Australia to be an important part of our future growth.
Currently St Kilda has 4 Saturday sides in Divisions 2, 3, 5 & 6; 2 Tuesday night sides; and 2 Thursday 7-a-side; along with 2 teams in winter bowls.
A keen interest in the Bowls world is a must for someone who aspires to get in on the ground floor for a future bowling club coaching position.
The position is part time/ casual on above award, hourly rate. There is further scope to expand hours running our popular Sunday social bowls and other tournaments.
Playing Saturday Pennant for St Kilda is expected with Club membership, uniform, locker and green fees all included.
To oversee Bowls activities which will include:
- Updating Pennant Scores on BowlsLink
- Promoting Bowler participation in Sandbelt; Vic Open; Aust Open
- Encouraging Bowlers to enrol in courses in Marking; Umpires; Coaching
- Facilitating training, overseeing coaching, liaise with selectors
- To be responsible for updating and promoting of training attendance and general Bowler information via App, FB, email and website.
- Develop and encourage local school participation
- Promotion of club membership – New bowler liaison.
- General encouragement of bowlers with a view to sustainable member retention and recruitment of new bowlers
- Working with Children Check
- Current driver’s license
- Any Bowls Australia approved training
- First aid certificate
- Building bowls club performance
- Computer skills incl. general website management & social media
- Good verbal and written communication
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Minimum 5 year bowler
Please contact Andrew Green by email before 25/7/23