COVID-19 Update: Whole of State 5-day Lockdown
VICTORIAN CIRCUIT BREAKER LOCKDOWN
Effective 11.59pm Friday 12th February
to 11.59pm Wednesday 17th February, 2021
So unfortunately this news means NO BOWLS state-wide for 5 days, from midnight tonight:
- Weekend Metro & Regional pennant games are cancelled
- Midweek Metro & Regional pennant games are cancelled (through to Wednesday)
- Club games and Regional events are cancelled
- All school related events are cancelled (where BV is the controlling body)
- No social, barefoot or tournament events
- Clubs are to close from 11.59pm tonight
For all cancelled pennant games in Metro Melbourne, game points will be split as per a ‘wash-out’ scenario. Clubs must submit all teams/sides in BowlsLink, and the HOME side must then mark the game as ‘unplayed’ (use ‘lockdown’ as the reason given). The AWAY side must then confirm the result and BowlsLink will then allocate 9 points each.
For Regional clubs, it will be the decision of each Region as to how the allocation of points will be determined.
There are only 4 main reasons to leave your home:
STAY AT HOME UNLESS:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day, a support person can accompany if required)
- Caregiving or compassionate reasons
- Essential work or permitted education
- Exercise (can leave for two hours of exercise)
- Other specified reasons (specific exemptions apply)
- Must be carried at all times
- Must be worn indoors and outdoors except if at home, or if an exemption applies
INDOOR & OUTDOOR SPORT AND RECREATION – CLOSED
HOSPITALITY – CLOSED (take-away only permitted)
Links to the latest COVID-19 information and resources, including current restriction levels, are available from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) here.
Please stay safe and look after each other.