Reimagining Health Grants now available
VicHealth has introduced a new collection of grants called Reimagining Health Grants to inspire application ideas that reimagine health and wellbeing in 2020 and 2021.
The funding has been designed to address the immediate needs of the community with an available funding pool of $2.5 million.
VicHealth is offering grants of up to $3K, $10K or $50K for local organisations who can support young people (aged 0-25 years) or Victorians experiencing disadvantage, by creating meaningful social connection, providing opportunities for physical activity or by addressing food security issues.
There are 3 categories of funding available, and clubs can apply for one grant from one category only:
Category 1: Up to $3,000
Category 2: Up to $10,000
Category 3: Up to $50,000
What will be funded?
VicHealth researched what would make the greatest difference to the health and wellbeing of Victorians in 2020 and 2021. This is what they will fund:
- What do Victorians need? Social connection, physical activity and food security. Your project/idea must cover at least one of these priority areas. Learn more about what kind of ideas we’ll fund in in the Grant Guidelines document.
- When do they need it? Now – ASAP – and throughout 2021. You must deliver your idea between November 2020 and November 2021.
- Who needs it most? Young people and Victorians experiencing disadvantage have been the most significantly impacted by 2020 events. Your project/idea must support these priority groups to be considered for funding. See the Grant Guidelines document for more information.
- Where can funding make the most difference? Local Victorian communities.
- How can you help? On 16 September, register via the new VicHealth Community Portal, then fill out the new, streamlined application form (takes roughly 30 minutes).
Who can apply?
Any organisation that is an incorporated body, a company limited by guarantee, or Victorian Local Government Entity with an ABN with a project idea that meets the grant guidelines.
This includes current or past recipients of VicHealth funding as well as organisations that have not previously received a grant from VicHealth.
We strongly encourage clubs and regions to take this opportunity to apply for a grant in one of the three categories. The explanatory information and application process is very straightforward. Full program information, FAQs and how to apply can be found by following the link below, including what types of programs will be prioritised and hints for applicants.
Remember, your local RBM can assist your club with grant applications or are there to answer any questions you have about this program.
Applications are open now!
Applications close 11.59pm Tuesday 27 October 2020
This funding has been made available by VicHealth