The Measurer Accreditation Module will predominantly be conducted on the green exploring the uses of a variety of approved pieces of equipment. The laws relating to the role of a Measurer will also be discussed coupled with the role of a measurer at club level. At the completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
- Identify values and ethical behaviour expected of a measurer.
- Plan and prepare for the requirements of measuring.
- Identify and manage the risks associated with measuring.
- Apply a positive and cooperative attitude towards other officials, players and spectators.
- Using the Laws of the Game of Bowls in Australia, correctly identify and interpret the laws relevant to measuring when called upon to do so.
- Identify and correctly demonstrate the equipment that a measurer needs in their possession during the game.
- Utilise a range of communication strategies to communicate decisions to players in an inclusive manner.
- Correctly measure the distance between multiple points when called upon to do so.