Bowls Month is a state-wide ‘come and try’ campaign run during the month of October to promote playing bowls.
Bowls Victoria encourages all Bowls Clubs to run at least one event at their Club as part of Bowls Month to help promote Bowls as a sport for life.
To be part of Bowls Month, all your Club needs to do is:
Offer a minimum of one event between October 7 and November 1, 2019.
This person is responsible for managing all aspects of your event and liaise directly with Bowls Victoria’s Participation Team. This person needs to be pro-active, organised and have intermediate IT skills.
Once you’ve decided on your Bowls Month event and nominated a coordinator, you will need to register your Club with Bowls Victoria.
- Event listing on the Play Bowls Victoria website (participant rego page and map).
- Event registration managed by Bowls Victoria.
- Digital Marketing Kit to promote Bowls Month in your community.
- Bowls Month Coordinator Kit.
- Bluetooth speaker for your club to either keep or use as a give-away.
- Digital advertising paid for and managed by Bowls Victoria.
What happens after you register?
- The information Clubs provide in the rego form is listed on the Play Bowls Victoria website. Participants can register for your event here. Bowls Victoria can provide you with a participant list before your event so you know who’s attending.
A follow up email is sent (via our Bowls Month interns), together with club marketing material and next steps.
LOOKING TO TRY BOWLS?
It’s easy to give bowls a go during October. If you are new to bowls and looking to try the sport for the first time, visit the Play Bowls Victoria website in September and register to attend an event at your nearest participating club. It’s that easy!
Many clubs open their doors for free, while others may have a small charge attached.
LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
Bowls Month is managed by Bowls Victoria’s Participation Team. If you need further information, please reach out to the team via email if you have any questions.