Women’s sport in Victoria received a huge boost in 2017, with VicHealth announcing $6.7 million in funding until December 2020, to 19 sporting organisations, including Bowls Victoria, to get more Victorian women and girls healthy and active. Bowling with Babies was implemented as a response to this funding and has proved a hit with clubs and parents. Over 1300 mums have taken part in the program since it launched in 2017.
Bowling with Babies is a participation program designed exclusively for new and expecting mums of all skill levels. If your club would like to host a Bowling with Babies program and start growing female participation today, please submit the BWB expression of interest form.
With support from Bowls Victoria, clubs will be provided the resources and training to become confident in running a 6 week Bowling with Babies program.
BENEFITS FOR CLUBS:
- Promote a more inclusive environment and club culture
- Increase club membership
- Expand the range of demographics within the club
- Increased awareness of club location and facilities
- Strengthen relationships with local community organisations
- New revenue stream
- Opportunities for club members to coach and develop others
- Develop female participation opportunities/programs
CLUBS WILL RECIEVE THE FOLLOWING SUPPORT:
- A dedicated BWB coordinator to help you initially set up and implement your first session
- A suite of digital assets including: branding, poster, web content, social media posts
- Corflute signage to put up around your club
- Access to baby equipment eg: change tables, play pens
- A welcome pack for every participant
- Online advertising paid for and managed by Bowls Victoria
Once you have completed the EOI a staff member of Bowls Victoria will be in touch with you to plan the next steps in becoming a Host Club.