About the Officiating and Laws
The key responsibilities of the Officiating and Laws Committee are:
- Ensure that the Bowls Australia (BA) National Officiating Accreditation Scheme (NOAS) is expertly presented, planned and delivered according to the BA Presenter/Facilitator Guide, Marker, Measurer and National Umpire (2015)
- Increase and maintain current levels of officials within the sport and
- Identify and appoint umpires to Bowls Victoria State Events.
- Assist the Member Services & Events Manager in relation to the reviewing, writing/edition & publication for all Bowls Victoria Conditions of Play (including Pennant & State Championships), and policies and procedures associated with the playing and management of the game in Victoria.
- Coordinate recommendations to the Bowls Australia National Officiating Advisory Group on proposed changes or amendments to the Laws of the Sport of Bowls.
- John Roberts (Co Chair)
- Bob Carlson (Co Chair)
- Rodney Bates
- Laureen Smith
- Doug Whorlow
- Neil Smillie
- Lorraine Dowson
- Malcolm Stevenson
- Sean O’Kane (Bowls Victoria’s Member Services and Events Manager)
- Peter Inglis (Bowls Victoria’s Board Representative)
Phone: 0417 330 070
Phone: 0421 280 087