Seeking Head Coach
Essendon BC was established in 1885 and has a long and proud history of success in Metropolitan bowls. It prides itself on being ‘welcoming and friendly, and where the best bowlers want to play’. With many current and former state representatives, winners of national and state championships and 2x Premier Division titles, elite performance is a key part of the vision and future.
With a very forward-looking board who are focused on creating something special, we now are seeking to fill key roles that are vital to ongoing and future success of the club. These roles are a critical aspect to building on-green quality performances, strengthening of the existing membership and local communities and continuing the journey to excellence.
Essendon BC aims to secure a Head Coach to continue to grow and develop its current and future members, with facilities including both tift and synthetic surfaces, allowing bowls all year round.
Reporting to the Bowls Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Growth & Development of players of all abilities and all ages
- Provide both group and individual coaching
- Plan and implement the Club’s training and practice schedules and programs
- Working with our existing club coaches to improve their coaching techniques
- Developing a structured approach to skills & performance development
Requirements of the applicant:
- Division 1 experience or better
- Assisting with player recruitment and ability to attract players
- Working with Children certificate
- Coaching accreditation
- Good communication skills amongst members and committee interactions
- Build on the existing platform and culture established
Remuneration and conditions to be negotiated.
If you believe you have the skill and enthusiasm required please send an expression of interest to the following.
Applications close Friday 16th June 2023.