Bowls Operations Manager
Permanent Full Time Position
The Dandenong Club situated 30 mins south of Melbourne’s CBD, is a leader in bowls, hospitality and member community services in the local area and is growing at a rapid rate. An opportunity to join the team has arisen and the Club seeks an experienced, solid business manager and leader to fulfil the role of Bowls Operations Manager.
The Club has a covered green and a grass green to compliment the Clubs hospitality and members facilities in the club house. Strong function, corporate, casual and competition business gives the pathway for countless opportunities to grow the bowls business utilising your initiatives and business skills. Lead a team of bowls assistants, bowls coordinator and retail shop staff whilst developing the relationships with the bowls sub club, membership and customers in the local community.
Home of the professional teams of Melbourne Pulse (dual winners of BPL), Dandenong Pulse (UBC) and Dandenong Pulse VBL teams, the brand and strength of its reputation will enhance the growth abilities of this role and the Club.
The ideal person should possess:
- to develop and secure new customers/clients by networking, promoting, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential customers
- develop a rapport with existing and new customers and set targets for retail shop, sponsorship income and bowls program sales and provide support to stakeholders that will continually improve the business
- manage the activities of retail bowls shop, online bowls shop and social media, bowls programmes calendar, tournaments, sponsorship revenue, corporate engagement and ancillary business revenue for Dandenong Club. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Bowls Operations Managers responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the Club.
- Experience in the daily co-ordination of a Bowls Administration Office including the organisation and administration of social bowls, Corporate Bowls Days, Region Events, and State events, creating and maintaining annual bowls business calendar. • The ability to promote, organise and manage Open entry tournaments profitably.
- Skills to effectively communicate results of matches to Region, State and/or media outlets. • The ability to weekly notify greens and Club staff of the weekly bowls schedule.
- The ability to organise staff for Barefoot Bowls, Corporate and other bowls activities all year round.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, internal and external
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Flexible working hours and days dependant on business requirements.
- Above average proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, social media and website tools
- Strong diplomatic skills and the ability to promote a team environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and deal with a wide variation of member’s enquiries.
- The potential to be a positive representative for the Club and encourage new membership
A competitive remuneration package with KPI incentives will be offered to the successful candidate.
Closing date/time for applications: Friday 23 December 2022 at 5pm
If you believe that you have the necessary skills and passion to undertake this great opportunity, then please forward your resume with a covering letter to:
1579 Heatherton Road, Dandenong VIC 3175
03 9792 1963