Bowls Shop Manager/Bowls Assistant
The City of Geelong Bowls Club is looking to appoint a Bowls Shop Manager/Bowls Assistant.
Please find the position description and application details below.
Reporting to: The Club Board
Hours: Full Time
Location: 7 – 9 Ballarat Rd North Gelong
Purpose of Position:
Management of the day-to-day Operations of the Bowls Shop.
Reporting to the Club Board, the Bowls Shop Manager / Bowls Assistant will assist with the co-ordination and administration of all bowls competitions and programs at City of Geelong Bowls Club. This position will aim to enhance the game of bowls within the City of Geelong Bowls Club and Geelong Bowls Region, by executing all-inclusive bowls programs to grow new participant memberships and build community awareness of the game.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing Budgets
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Day to day running of the shop
- Ordering of club uniform stock and sales
- Preparing promotional materials and displays
- Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints
- Keeping the shop and storeroom tidy and well presented.
Bowls Assistant (Working alongside the Club’s Bowls Director)
- Assist with new and existing programs with the aim to increase participation in bowls
- Introduce new competitions and programs
- Demonstrate skills in leadership and management of people, programs, and initiatives at varying levels
- Engage with the local community groups such as Schools and Businesses to increase participation in the sport (Junior Tournaments – Corporate Bowls)
- Strong communication with team members, bowling members, volunteers, and bowls committees
- Bowls experience is an advantage.
- Verbal communication
Tasks will include
- Strong social media promotion
- Use of EFT and till systems along with programs such as Canva, Microsoft Office,
BowlsLink team’s entries and engage confidentially in social media networks.
Relevant relationships within the Club. The successful applicant will develop strong relationships with the:
- Green’s Director
- Board of Management
- Barefoot Bowls Director
- Sponsorship Director (to arrange all tournament sponsorships)
- Pekish Management (In-house restaurant)
- Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm
- Saturdays To be negotiated
(Under a Management Agreement)
$60,000 – $70,000
Plus, KPI’s to be negotiated.
Applications Close 5pm Friday 11/18/2022
If you think this position is for you and that you have the necessary skills, please email your expression of interest to:
City of Geelong Bowls Club
7 – 9 Ballarat Rd North Geelong VIC 3215