Seeking Club Manager
Clayton Bowls Club is one of the pre-eminent lawn bowls clubs in the state of Victoria. The club competes in the Bowls Victoria Metro Pennant competition. Clayton Bowls Club comprises a Bistro, Bar Area, Function Space and 29 electronic gaming machines.
Located in Melbourne’s south-eastern suburbs, this is a rare and exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced hospitality professional to stamp their own mark on an already extremely successful and thriving commercial business. Clayton Bowls Club has a large membership base. The club is an employer within the local community and prides itself as being a hub for locals, members, community groups, and guests alike.
Working to the club’s strategic plan and in keeping with the mission and objectives of the Board of Management, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate skills & experience in:
- the ability to consistently achieve outstanding revenue and profit results. A high level of business and financial management and reporting with a strong understanding of budgeting and forecasting
- clearly demonstrated leadership, communication, and management of employees with a strong emphasis on the provision of exceptional customer service with a commitment to member service at all levels of operation
- perform duties with enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity
- the ability to think strategically to focus on what is best for the organization, members, and guests at all times
- knowledge of marketing and promotions (Internal & External)
- be able to develop ideas and create new initiatives, operate decisively under pressure, and meet deadlines in a busy commercial environment
- experience in operational and strategic planning
- excellent organisational skills with a willingness and ability to work with the Board of Management in setting, implementing, measuring, and evolving all operational areas
- commitment to staff training and development
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- a high level of proficiency in computer systems
- knowledge and experience in ensuring all relevant statutory requirements are met according to set deadlines. Knowledge of all relevant legislation including the Registered and Licensed Clubs Award, OH&S, Liquor, Food and other Gaming Regulatory and Corporate Compliance
- hold current RSA and RSG Certificates
- operational food, beverage, and gaming experience
- demonstrated hands-on approach
Critical to your successful appointment will be your cultural fit to this unique organisation, your demonstrated initiative, ability to problem solve and tackle tasks head on.
To be considered for this exciting role you must provide a detailed cover letter, together with your current CV.
Cover letter with CV to be emailed to:
Applications close 5pm Friday 28th October 2022
Only successful candidates will be contacted.