Bowls Victoria is the governing state body for the sport of bowls. Our primary purpose is to grow, develop, and nurture Victoria’s most accessible sport. We are a not for profit organisation, responsible for the governance, events, player development, rules, club services, and communications throughout the State. We service over 500-member clubs and over 40,000 registered players, and lead the sport and business of bowls for the benefit of the Victorian bowls community.
The Participation Coordinator role aims to implement and continuously improve high quality participation objectives that connect more people to bowls in more ways more often. Developing and supporting program implementation such as for juniors, all-abilities, casual/social, and diversity & inclusion that promote and engage participation in bowls, including in Clubs, at Region level, and in events.
The key areas of responsibility for the role include:
- Assist with new and existing programs with the aim to increase participation in bowls
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to Regions and Clubs to enhance their ability to deliver participation programs
- Provide participation resources that support and encourage Clubs to offer new and regular participation offerings
- Implement and follow up with Clubs to collect accurate participation data
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Department in developing a marketing strategy that incorporates participation products and identify commercial development opportunities
- Enhance and build on relationships with Bowls Australia staff (in particular Regional Bowls Managers), Bowls Clubs, Regional Sport Assemblies and other key stakeholders to further promote and increase participation opportunities
- Build relationships with and provide progress reports to funding bodies
To be successful in this role you need to meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in sports administration, business administration, or relevant experience
- Working with Children Check
- Current Australian Driver’s License and own vehicle
- Effective communication with a variety of stakeholders and social groups
- Experience in planning and evaluation of programs and initiatives
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and management of people, programs, and initiatives at varying levels
- Knowledge and experience in the sports industry including experience within Clubs and volunteering at a grassroots level
- Ability to be innovative, collaborate and solve problems
- Friendly, approachable, and welcoming
- Bowls experience an advantage
- Willing to learn new skills and knowledge of the sport where necessary to effectively undertake the role
- Associate with the behaviors aligned to Bowls Victoria Values which are care, accountability, respect, and excellence
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft suite and database management
- Experience within the sporting or leisure industry and working within not-for-profit associations is desirable
The nature of the role will require travel intrastate, as well as working outside of office hours on occasions, including weekends.
The role will be full-time, based in the Bowls Victoria office located in Hawthorn East (negotiable). The salary range for the role is $50,000 – $60,000 inclusive of superannuation, depending on experience and qualifications.
We are seeking experienced applicants so please only apply if you have the skills and experience for which we are looking.
Applications close 9:00am Monday, 3 October 2022.
Please note that Bowls Australia is managing the recruitment process for this role and all enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted via the link below. Please do not email resumes.