Seeking Club Coach
Chadstone Bowls Club are seeking a Club Coach for the 2022/23 playing season.
Join us and be part of the rebuild of Chadstone Bowls Club. With a commitment to succeed, a brand new, world-class 8 x 8 covered green coming in 2023, exciting times are ahead for us – and now is your chance to get involved before the rush.
- You’re down-to-earth, engaging and have a strong background in bowls – and more importantly, have the ability to teach.
- You’re willing to lead our pennant teams while bringing all players along for the ride – whether that be at training, during the game, celebrating our victories or commiserating a loss.
- You will provide the opportunity for all players to develop their skills and enjoyment of bowls
- You’re someone who can see the opportunity in our team and our club, and wants to come on the journey with us.
- You’ll help us to achieve our playing goals by building our pennant teams from within. The potential is there – we just need you to help bring it out more.
- You may play pennant in our top team, however this is not a prerequisite, and we are open to a non-playing coach should the right person present themselves.
About the role
We want you to actively lead and develop our playing group – so we expect you’ll bring your ideas to the role, but of course there are the usual things;
- Leadership of our pennant teams – 2 Saturday (Div 3 & 6) and 2 Midweek (Div 2 & 6-a-side)
- Create, implement and run training programmes and drills
- Provide individual and group development across all teams
- Develop and coordinate pennant training (currently Thursday evenings)
- Analyse performance
- Contribute to the Selection Committee
- Report monthly to the Bowls Director and President
We expected the role to be approx. 4-6 hours per week (excluding game time) starting as soon as possible and through to Feb/March – with actual hours and remuneration to be discussed and agreed. While initially this role is for the 2022/23 season, we’d love to bring someone onboard wanting to be with us for the long haul.
This season we’re situated and playing out of Murrumbeena Park Bowls Club. For further information, or to send your expression of interest and summary of relevant coaching experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications and enquiries will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Applications close Sunday 11th September.