Seeking Bowls Manager
Traralgon Bowls Club is currently accepting expressions of interest for a full time Bowls Manager position to drive performance excellence in our bowls operations.
Tralagon Bowls Club is one of the biggest regional bowls clubs in Victoria, with over 245 fully affiliated bowls members and 2,500 social members. We have 4 greens in total, 2 bent grass greens, 1 outdoor synthetic (currently under construction) and our world class Indoor Bowling Centre which was opened in 2019 with fantastic lighting that permits games to be played at any time of the day or night.
Competing in the Strzelecki Region we currently field 6 pennant teams in Weekend Pennant (Division 1-6) and 4 teams in Midweek Pennant (Division 1 – 4). With the Victorian Open recently being announced as coming to the Latrobe Valley from March 2023, we see our club and the sport of bowls in general growing within our region.
This is an amazing opportunity for a self-motivated Bowls Manager to work at a fantastic bowls facility and to make their mark at this great club.
The Bowls Manager will be responsible for all bowls related activities including:
- The effective management, coordination, and development of bowling activities at the club
- Recruitment and development of bowlers
- Management of our Bowls Shop
- Bowls facility management
- Bowls administration
- Obtaining new and working with current sponsors
- Lifting the bowls profile of the club
- Developing and managing a junior program and activities
- Coordinating and managing tournaments
- Assisting with new and existing programs with the aim to increase participation in bowls
Preferred skills and qualifications include:
- Effective communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the game of lawn bowls
- A current national bowls coaching accreditation will be highly regarded
Suitable applicants can be provided with a full position description and an attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Expressions of interest are now open and are to be submitted by email to the Secretary-Manager, Patrick Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm 12th of August.