Seeking Playing Coach
The Melbourne Cricket Club Bowls Section is seeking an experienced and/or accredited Playing Coach for season 2022/23.
We are a well-established club that is 127 years old which enjoys a great culture, a diverse membership, with a healthy mix of experienced, developing and new bowlers. The person who wins this position must be prepared to coach players at all these levels.
The club has around 200 affiliated members. In season 2021/22 we fielded 8 sides in Weekend Pennant (from Premier Division to Division 7) and 5 in Midweek Pennant (from Division 1 to Division 4).
The club plays out of two venues with the main venue being in Swinburne Avenue, Hawthorn and the other venue in Glen Street, Hawthorn. We have three Tif Dwarf Greens and a Carpet Green. Both venues have excellent facilities which are greatly appreciated by our members, visitors and the local community.
The successful person will report to the Bowls Section Committee and will work closely with the Club Selection Committees.
The key objectives for this position are:
- Leadership, guidance and coordination of a group of club coaches in delivering a strong coaching program for the club.
- Development and implementation of coaching programs for all members, with a focus on team development, player team role and game plans.
- Provide group and individual coaching.
- Display strong communication, planning and people skills.
- Participate in discussions at pennant selection meetings.
- Provide a monthly coaching report to the Section Committee.
Remuneration and hours will be discussed during interview and will be linked to relevant experience.
If this position is for you, and you have the necessary skills and experience, please email your expression of interest and resume to email@example.com by 17 June 2022.