Seeking Playing Coach
Drysdale Bowling Club is seeking a Playing Coach for the 2022 -2023 season.
Our Club has a rich community history of over 70 years and enjoys a great culture, a diverse player base, with a healthy mix of experience and developing bowlers
The Club has approximately ninety (90) members, fields four (4) Weekend Pennant sides from Premier League through to Division 8, and two Midweek Pennant sides.
Our Bowling Club consists of one Tif Dwarf and one Bent Grass Greens which are considered to be the best in the Geelong Bowls Region (recently having hosted the Premier and Div 1 Grand Finals as well as the Champion of Champions).
The pleasant surroundings, and clubhouse combine to offer members and guests, a full and enriching Community experience.
Reporting to the Bowls Committee, the key objectives of this Leadership role will be to:
- Take the Club forward, to winning finals, not just making them
- Devise/present a development plan
- Develop and implement coaching programs for members, with a focus on team development, the role in a team and game plans
- Improve player skills and knowledge of the game, as well as enjoyment of the game
- Provide both group and individual coaching
- Operate in a club environment, liaising with club coaches, selection committees and members
- Display strong communication, planning and people skills.
- Play pennant in our Premier League side
The appointment is for a person who has a dream and the passion to take a group of enthusiastic, fun filled bowlers on a journey, a person with a vision. Are you up for the challenge?
Remuneration and expected hours are negotiable.
Closing date 31st May 2022
If you think this position is for you, that you have the necessary skills and passion, please e-mail your expression of interest and application to email@example.com or to:
Drysdale Bowling Club
PO Box 41, Drysdale VIC 3222