Seeking Player Coach
Fitzroy Victoria Bowling & Sports Club is seeking the services of an experienced Playing Coach for the 2022/23 season.
This is a rare chance. A massive opportunity awaits, be part of something great. 157 years of history of bowls in Fitzroy and a Premier League team. One of the oldest clubs in Australia and now one of ten clubs competing for the Premier League title.
These opportunities don’t come around often.
The club is looking to build on its current membership while competing for the Premier League title, we look to develop and promote all other divisions. Division champions in Division 1 and Division 5 as well as Division champions in Midweek Pennant, Fitzroy Victoria is a club that has dominated in 2021/22 with but still has a lot of scope to grow and develop.
Reporting to the Bowls Committee, the key objectives of the role will be to:
- Work with our pennant teams to develop and implement coaching programs to create and implement a high-quality coaching programme, to maximise participation and performance of competitive teams Improve member skills and knowledge of the game, as well as enjoyment
- To undertake the necessary planning for each activity session to ensure the programme demonstrates progression throughout the season.
- Promote and increase awareness of Fitzroy Bowing and Sports Club within the club and externally.
- Strong communication, planning and people skills
- Be a positive leader on and off the green
- Operate in a team environment, liaising with fellow committee members and selection committees
- Provide both group and individual coaching
Fitzroy Victoria Bowling & Sports Club is visionary, future focused and wants to build on its current status to ensure sustainability and success for coming seasons. This appointment will further strengthen the leadership and support for our coaching program and player development.
This is an opportunity to put the Fitzroy Victoria brand at the forefront of bowls in Australia.
Remuneration and role expectations are negotiable.
Closing date for applications 13th May 2022
If you think this position is for you, and that you have the necessary skills, please e-mail your expression of interest and application to the club at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Jacob on 0409 178 258.