Seeking Head Coach
The Vermont South Club is seeking an expression of interest for the 2022/23 season from an experienced and/or accredited playing coach to join our coaching team and maximise our members skills. To be successful in this role you will also demonstrate strong communication, leadership, people and planning skills.
The Club has 180 affiliated members, and fields 6 Saturday Pennant Sides from Division 1 through to Division 6; 5 Sides in Midweek Pennant (Division 1, 2, 4, 4, 5); 1 side in Thursday Pennant 7-a-side and 1 team in Wednesday night Pennant. We have 2 KCL synthetic greens.
The Head Coach will report to the President of the Bowls Club and will work closely with the Bowls and Selection Committees.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Leadership, guidance and coordination of a group of club coaches in delivering a strong coaching program for the whole club.
- Regular communication with bowlers in person or by email.
- Development and implementation of coaching programs for all members, with a focus on team development, the role in a team and game plans.
- Designing and conducting weekly training sessions from September to March for all pennant players.
- Conducting special training sessions at your discretion, with consideration to improving the competencies and skills of all pennant players.
- Participating in Pennant selection meetings.
- Providing a monthly coaching report to the Bowls Committee and Selection panels.
The period of this agreement would be for 9 months, being 1st August 2022 to 30th April 2023. Renewal of the contract would be negotiated at the end of this period.
Remuneration and hours will be discussed during negotiations and will be linked to relevant experience.
If you think this position is for you, and that you have the necessary skills, please email your expression of interest and resume to: email@example.com by 1st May 2022.