The Leopold Sportsmans Club, located on the Bellarine Peninsula, is seeking to employ a passionate hands-on professional, to fulfil the role of Coach Coordinator.
The club has approximately 150 members and fields 5 Saturday pennant teams (Divisions 1, 3, 4, 7 & 9) and 4 Midweek pennant teams (Divisions 1, 4, 5 & 7).
Our bowling club consists of 2 greens – 1 synthetic & 1 newly laid Tifdwarf. Apart from the great facilities the Leopold Sportsmans Club already offers, there are plans in process for further expansion.
The position involves:
- Coaching of new bowlers
- Coaching on an individual and group basis, tactics, etc
- Be active in recruiting new members
- Selection duties for pennant sides
- Implementing a training regime for both Saturday and midweek pennant teams
- Play and be a role model in the top side
- Coordination of a junior bowler’s program
- Coordination of Club events and tournaments
- Running a barefoot bowls program as required
- Promotion of Bowls and the Leopold Sportsmans Club through school & business visits
- Promotion of the Leopold Sportsmans Club at bowls events
- Other bowls duties associated within the club
The successful candidate will be:
- A qualified bowls coach
- An experienced player who has played top level pennant bowls
- Able to work in a team environment within the club
- Be enthusiastic and have a friendly disposition
- Have excellent communication, computer, planning and people skills
- Have, or obtain, a Working With Children Check
A generous salary will be offered to the successful applicant.
Hours will include evenings & weekends compatible with the sport.
Closing date for applications – January 28th, 2022
Expressions of interest to be emailed to the Secretary, Barb Duggan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries may be directed to the President, Mick Willis, on 0407 508 514