Vale Life Member Maureen Connolly
It is with great sadness that we advise of the recent passing of Life Member and former VLBA President Maureen Connolly, who passed away on Saturday 9th October.
Maureen was the last President of the VLBA before the merge to Bowls Victoria, and was elected onto the inaugural Bowls Victoria Board for a two year term back in 2010.
Maureen worked tirelessly within the bowls community, both locally and at a State level, to do all that she could to improve the game for all ages and genders going forward, and played a huge role in managing Victorian State women’s junior teams.
In addition to her work with the VLBA/BV, Maureen also served as President of Beaumaris Bowls Club for many years.
“Mum was always so proud of the work she accomplished in her bowls roles, and enjoyed the many friendships she made along the way,” said her daughter Claire. “As we now get ready to farewell Mum, I would like to say thank you on behalf of the family for giving mum a place where she spent many happy years”.
Maureen’s bowls accomplishments included:
- Joined Beaumaris Bowls Club, appointed Assistance Secretary, 1992
- Secretary BBC (6 years), 1994
- Vice President BBC (2 years), 1999
- Lady President & Chair of the Board BBC (2 years), 2001
- Vice President of Group 19 – Bayside Beaches, 2001
- President of Group 19 – Bayside Beaches, 2001
- Elected to the VLBA State Council, 2003
Member of the following VLBA Committees:
- Metropolitan Pennant, Saturday Competition, Social House, 2003-2004
- Metropolitan Pennant, Saturday Competition, Social House, Promotion & Development, 2004-2005
- VLBA Vice President, Junior Bowls, 2005-2006
- VLBA Vice President, Junior Bowls, Saturday Pennant, 2006-2007
- VLBA Vice President, Joint Working Party, Greens, Competitions, 2008-2009
- VLBA President, Finance, Joint Property, Joint Working Party, 2009-2010
- Bowls Victoria Joint Board, 2010
- Retired from BV Board, 2012
Our thoughts are with Maureen’s family at this time.
Wednesday 10th November, 10.30am (pending easing of restrictions for funeral numbers) at St Brigid’s Catholic Church, Mordialloc.