The Bentleigh Bowling Club is seeking expressions of interest for a playing coach for the 2021/22 season.
The Key Objectives of this Leadership role are:
- Strong communication, leadership, people, and planning skills
- Plan and conduct regular practice and training sessions for all pennant players
- Regularly provide feedback to the Selectors and Team Captains
- The ability to play in our top teams
- Take the club forward to finals with a goal to be promoted to Division 1
The Bentleigh Bowling Club was formed back in 1945 and we enjoy a long history of both sporting success and a strong social atmosphere. Bentleigh is part of the Sandbelt Region, and we enjoy a healthy membership made up of experienced, developing and new bowlers. We have many community ties and regularly make our facility available via open days and private functions.
Bentleigh has a membership of over 160 and fields:
- 5 Saturday Pennant teams
- 3 Tuesday Pennant teams
- 2 Thursday Pennant team
- 3 Tuesday evening Electric Light teams
We have 3 greens, 2 grass and a synthetic. We run an active winter interclub competition that is open to players outside Bentleigh. There is great participation in our Electric Light teams, with 1 side made up of local school dad’s. Our local schools’ program is very well subscribed, and we actively encourage participation from other local groups who want to use the facilities, ranging from RSL open days to disabled outings.
We have some specific times established for general coaching and these can be shared. Other times and remuneration are negotiable.
For further information or to forward your expression of interest and your relevant experience, please direct your initial enquiries to the following:
Club Secretary Kevin Bosward
Closing date – 30th July 2021.