The Heyfield Bowls Club is looking for a Playing Bowls Coach for season 2021-2022.
Our club was established in 1956 on land that is now owned by the Bowls Club, and has 7 competition teams which will compete in the new established Gippsland Bowls Region (North Playing Area).
Currently the club has 90 members which includes 64 affiliated members. The club has a synthetic and grass green. As a club we are wishing to advance the skills of our bowlers as well as build on our previous successes.
The Club has a very successful Crackerjack program that attracts 80+ players and a key action for the future is to convert social members and visitors to become full club members so that membership numbers are more sustainable in the future.
The following Coaching Agreement outlines the obligation of the Club and the Bowls Coach.
Duties > The Bowls Coach will provide the following services:
- Organizing and leading structured practice sessions on at least 2 days per week from September – March.
- To work closely with or be seconded on to the Pennant Selection Committees.
- To provide coaching opportunities and advice for all levels of bowlers and be available to mentor them outside of the structed practice sessions when available.
- To regularly communicate with bowlers in person or by email.
- To make recommendations to the Clubs Board with regards to specially equipment or services that would encourage improved performance.
- A monthly Coaching Report to be submitted to the Club’s Board.
- Must be an accredited bowls coach.
- Playing; It is expected that the coach will be available to play Saturday Pennant.
- Club membership fee will be waived.
- A club shirt will be supplied by the club.
- The Period of Agreement would be for 9 months 1st August – 30th April.
- Renewal of the contract would be negotiated at the end of the period.
- The Reimbursement Fee charged by the coach will be paid on presentation of invoice to the club on a monthly basis (or by agreement) and will be paid within 7 days. The Fee charged by the coach will be negotiated at the time of the contract being negotiated.
Please email applications for the position of Heyfield Bowls Club coach by 31st July 2021 to email@example.com or contact Bert Middelhuis 0400 801 777.