Essendon Bowls Club is seeking the services of an experienced and accredited Head Coach for the 2021/22 season.
The Essendon Bowls Club was established in 1885 and is one of the oldest clubs in Victoria with a long and proud history. Of recent times it has been successful in winning Saturday Pennant Premier Division premierships in 2016 and 2019 as well as many other section premierships and promotions, as well as divisional final representation across all forms of Metro Pennant.
The club has around 125 playing Members and intends to field six Saturday Pennant sides and five Midweek Pennant sides for season 2021/22.
Reporting to the Bowls Director, the key objectives of the role will be to:
- Work with our other accredited coaches to develop and implement coaching programs for all members, with a focus on team development, the role in a team and game plans
- Improve member skills and knowledge of the game, as well as enjoyment
- Strong communication, planning and people skills
- Operate in a team environment, liaising with fellow coaches and selection committees
- Provide both group and individual coaching
Essendon Bowls Club is visionary, future focused and wants to build on its current status to ensure sustainability and success for coming seasons. This appointment will further strengthen the leadership and support for our coaching program and player development.
Remuneration and expected hours are negotiable.
Closing date for applications 31st May, 2021
If you think this position is for you, and that you have the necessary skills, please e-mail your expression of interest and application to: