Bareena Bowling Club, which is a registered ‘Good Sports’ Club, with an established team in the Geelong Bowls Region’s Premier Division, is seeking the services of an experienced and accredited Playing Coach for the 2021/22 season.
Bareena, situated in Newtown Geelong has a long and proud history dating back to 1913. The club boasts outstanding surrounds, with two, year-round synthetic greens, and historic club rooms with function facilities. As part of its journey to consolidate its future, the club is looking to build its current membership, we have Premier, Division 2 and Division 6 Saturday Pennant teams, as well as a Midweek Pennant team.
The successful applicant will report to the Bowls Committee. The key objectives of the role are to:
- Work with our pennant teams to develop and implement coaching programs for all members, with a focus on team development, the role in a team and game plans
- Improve member skills and knowledge of the game, as well as enjoyment
- Strong communication, planning and people skills
- Operate in a team environment, liaising with fellow committee members and selection committees
- Provide both group and individual coaching
The shared vision of the Bareena board and membership, is focussed on building participation, sustainability and success in a supportive environment. This appointment is seen as key to strengthening the leadership and support for our coaching program and player development.
Remuneration and expected hours are negotiable.
Closing date for applications 23rd May 2021
If you think this position is for you, and that you have the necessary skills, please e-mail your expression of interest and application to the attention of the bowls secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org