Employment Opportunity Sports Venue Manager, Moama Bowling Club
Moama Bowling Club is a stunning multi-purpose dining, conference, entertainment and sporting venue. The venue is acknowledged along the Murray River as a leader in the industry, boasting world class bowling greens, including two innovative synthetic greens. With one of the largest and most progressive workforces in the district they are now looking for an experienced Sports Venue Manager to join the team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To oversee the day to day operation of The Greens including but not limited to ensuring that the highest standards of Customer Service are provided to all members & guests at all times. As Sports Venue Manager you will be the first point of contact for Bowling members and Greens staff alike and will be responsible for financial performance, strategic planning and development of bowls events and competitions. You will also be responsible for the development and delivery of a strategically aligned coaching program and provision of all sports services to members.
Forward planning, maintenance of the roster and allocation of duties to all Greens staff is an essential part of the role to ensure each shift runs smoothly and efficiently. Your sound leadership skills coupled with your professional presentation and excellent communication skills will see you as a highly valued member of our management team. This role is ideally suited to a natural leader who has a keen eye for detail and the ability to drive service, safety and staff management at every level.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Knowledge or genuine interest in the game of Bowls
- Skills and experience in Sport and Hospitality Management
- Train, schedule and effectively manage a small team
- Marketing principles
- Awareness of Club activities, community and events
- Professional expertise in coaching methods
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Qualifications in Sport Administration not essential, but advantageous
- Dispute resolution techniques to resolve staff and customer grievances
- Performance Management training and experience
- Ability to think on your feet and effectively respond to and participate in emergency situations
- NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate required
- Current First Aid accreditation
This is a key role in the business and it’s important that you are capable of working efficiently in a busy work environment. As well as a generous salary, this position will enjoy at least 9 days off in every 4 week cycle, will accrue 5 weeks of annual leave each year, the provision of meals whilst on shift and have access to the Clubs’ Health and Wellbeing programs.
If you have the skills and experience to thrive in this role, apply online at
For a copy of the position description – please email: email@example.com
For enquiries please call Employee Relations on 03 5481 3777.
Applications close Wednesday 3 February 2021