Bowls Victoria Board nominations now open
Call for Nominations
Each year Bowls Victoria seeks nominations for two female and two male elected Director positions for a two-year term to join the Bowls Victoria Board.
Directors must act in the best interests of Bowls Victoria and are to use their best efforts to ensure Bowls Victoria is properly managed and constantly improved.
The principal role of the Bowls Victoria Board is to:
- Oversee, approve and monitor strategy;
- Oversee the implementation of the Business Plan including the Annual Budget;
- Appoint the Chief Executive and evaluate his or her performance;
- Provide guardianship of corporate values;
- Monitor the integrity of financial reporting;
- Oversee risk management and legal compliance; and
- Oversee stakeholder communications.
What are the requirements?
- Nominees must be a member of a Bowls Victoria member Club.
- Nominees should be aware of the time commitment involved; the Board meets mid-week from 10am to 3pm eight times each year and Board committees also meet several times a year as required. All Board and committee meetings are held at the Bowls Victoria offices in Hawthorn East.
- In addition to Board meetings, Directors may be asked to make occasional trips in support of the association’s strategy by attending bowls and non-bowls events. Travel and accommodation expenses incurred are reimbursed at cost.
- This is a voluntary role without remuneration.
- Nominees will be subject to a Police Check.
Desired Attributes of a Director:
- Demonstrates integrity by putting the association’s interests before personal interests and acting ethically;
- Has curiosity and courage to ask questions and persist in asking or challenging management and fellow Directors where necessary;
- Demonstrates advanced interpersonal skills by working well in a group, listening well and respectfully communicating their point of view;
- Demonstrates good business instincts and acumen and an ability to get to the crux of the issue quickly;
- Able to be an active contributor with adequate time to devote to the association’s affairs, read Board papers and actively contribute during meetings.
How to Apply:
- Nominees must complete the nomination form with an introduction and career statement and attach their CV (no more than 4 pages).
- Nomination Forms are to be signed by members representing two (2) different Clubs affiliated with Bowls Victoria and supported by written consent of the person being nominated.
- Nominations via email to email@example.com must be received no later than 4.30pm, Friday 31st July 2020. No late nominations will be accepted.
To nominate please click here.
When the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies, an election must be held. The timetable for the conduct of an election is as follows:
- Nomination Forms distributed to Clubs – Tuesday, 30 June 2020
- Nominations close – 4.30pm Friday, 31 July 2020
- Voting papers issued to Clubs – Monday, 10 August 2020
- Voting closes – 4.30pm Friday, 18 September 2020
- Votes counted – Tuesday, 22 September 2020
- Declaration of election results – Wednesday, 23 September 2020
- Annual General Meeting – Thursday, 29 October 2020
Please contact Bowls Victoria on 03 9861 7100 if you have any queries regarding the role of a Director at Bowls Victoria.