Bowls Operations Manager
Full Time Position
The Whittlesea Bowls Club is seeking expressions of interest for the services of a Bowls Operations Manager. The Whittlesea Bowls Club is a progressive club situated within the growth area of the northern suburbs of Melbourne. The club consists of 6 Saturday teams including Premier and Division 1 as well as 5 Midweek teams. The club is currently undergoing a $3.5 million redevelopment and see’s the development of bowls within the community and within its membership a vital part for the future of the club.
The ideal person should possess:
- Experience in the daily co-ordination of a Bowls Office including the organisation and administration of social bowls, Club Championships, Pennants, Region Events, sponsored events, creating and maintaining annual bowls calendar
- The ability to promote, organise and co-ordinate all tournaments
- The ability to organize all payments and notify caterers for catered The ability to work behind the bar when required.
- Skills to effectively communicate results of matches to Region, State and/or media
- The ability to weekly notify greens staff, club management and committees of the bowls schedule
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, internal and external
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Above average proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, social media and website tools
- Strong diplomatic skills and the ability to promote a team environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels and deal with a wide variation of member’s
- The potential to be a positive ambassador for the Club and encourage new membership
- Involvement with junior development
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
For people looking to relocate to the area the club does own property and a rental agreement can be reached for the right applicant.
Closing date/time for applications: Friday 29th May 2020 at 5:00pm
If you believe that you have the necessary skills and passion to undertake this great opportunity, then please forward your resume with a covering letter to:
Whittlesea Bowls Club
PO Box 45, Whittlesea 3757