Expression of Interest > Finance Director
Bowls Victoria is the governing state body for the sport of bowls. Our primary purpose is to grow, develop and nurture Victoria’s most accessible sport. We are a not for profit organisation, responsible for the governance, events, player development, rules, club services and communications throughout the state. We service over 500-member clubs and over 42,000 registered players and lead the sport and business of bowls for the benefit of the Victorian bowls community.
The Board of Bowls Victoria, Inc.’s (BV), in their succession planning, is seeking Expressions of Interest for appointment as the next BV Finance Director in accordance with clause 17.2 (a) (ii) of the constitution.
The appointment is for a two-year period.
To be successful in this role you need to meet the following criteria:
- University degree in business administration, finance, economics, law or equivalent with a minimum 10-15 years of commercial experience
- Strong strategic leadership skills including proactive identification and response to emerging trends, issues, risks and opportunities
- A passion for doing things differently with an ability to lead by example including motivating and empowering others
- Personally associate with the behaviours aligned to BV’s Values which are Adaptable, Inviting, Unified, Supportive and Efficient
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skill, writing capabilities & presentation skills
- The ability to communicate complex and highly technical information to the BV key stakeholders and a general audience
- Highly developed project and risk management skills
- Advanced computer literacy with Microsoft Office 365, MYOB (or equivalent) and database management.
- It is desirable that as an appointed director, you will have experience in or exposure to Bowls
In summary, you will be hands-on when necessary with respect to highly complex and technical commercial matters, with a background that enables critical analyse, evaluation and communication of financial information and experience in applying Australian General Accepted Accounting Standards (AASBs).
Organisation and Governance
Key organisation and governance information may be found on our website @ bowlsvic.org.au/about-us/governance/
In particular the following documents have direct relevance to the position of Finance Director
Terms of Reference – Finance, Audit, Investment Review Committee (FAIR)
Investment Policy (awaiting final Board approval and will be released in early May 2020)
We are seeking experienced applicants so please only apply if you have the skills and experience, we require.
Applications close 5:00pm – 22nd May 2020.
Applications can be submitted to Robyn Athanitis on email@example.com