Bushfire Relief Initiative
The response to the current bushfire crises gripping our state and the country is something that every Australian should be proud.
With the devastating impact to several of our bowling communities, particularly in the Gippsland and surrounding areas, Bowls Victoria has started a Bushfire Relief Initiative. The aim is to raise funds for distribution to those clubs who have been directly affected.
Initiative 1 – $10,000 kick-off
Bowls Victoria will donate $10,000 to the fund.
Initiative 2 – Regions and Divisions kick-in
Every Region and Division is encouraged to donate what they can. Contributions will be collected at the 2020 Regional Sides Championships. Each Region is asked to present their total fundraisings to be added to this Bushfire Relief Initiative at the event’s Sunday lunch.
Initiative 3 – Relief Raffle
Updated – March 18, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 impact of future State events, the Bushfire Relief Raffle will be drawn in the office soon after the closing date for tickets has elapsed (Sunday April 5). The draw will take place under the supervision of suitable persons and will be recorded for transparency. Regions should send back raffle tickets and monies as soon as possible for the drawing to take place.
- 1st Prize – Voucher for a set of Taylor Bowls valued at $650
- 2nd Prize – Voucher for a set of Taylor Bowls valued at $650
- 3th Prize – A pair of Asics shoes valued at $160
- 4th Prize – A pair of Asics shoes valued at $160
- 5th Prize – A box of toucher spray valued at $120
- 6th Prize – A box of toucher spray valued at $120
- 7th Prize – Pairs entry to the 2020 Victorian Open
- 8th Prize – Pairs entry to the 2020 Victorian Open
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9861 7100.
Bowls Victoria thanks all Regions, Divisions and Clubs for their continued support.
Proudly, dozens of Victorian Bowls Clubs have already hosted Bushfire Relief Events. Read more and advertise your event here.