Bushfire Relief Initiative
The response to the current bushfire crises gripping our state and the country is something that every Australian should be proud.
With the devastating impact to several of our bowling communities, particularly in the Gippsland and surrounding areas, Bowls Victoria has started a Bushfire Relief Initiative. The aim is to raise funds for distribution to those clubs who have been directly affected.
Initiative 1 – $10,000 kick-off
Bowls Victoria will donate $10,000 to the fund.
Initiative 2 – Regions and Divisions kick-in
Every Region and Division is encouraged to donate what they can. Contributions will be collected at the 2020 Regional Sides Championships in early April. Each Region is asked to present their total fundraisings to be added to this Bushfire Relief Initiative at the event’s Sunday lunch.
Initiative 3 – Relief Raffle
During the 2020 Region Sides Championships Bowls Victoria will be providing the prizes for the Relief Raffle.
Regions are encouraged to sell tickets at your Region Events in the lead up to the Region Sides Championships to boost fundraising. Region Secretaries will be contacted and provided with raffle tickets soon.
Bowls Victoria will also sell tickets to players and spectators at the Championships until Sunday morning at 11:00 AM. The draw and prize distribution will be during the Championships final day’s lunch session.
- 1st Prize – Voucher for a set of Taylor Bowls valued at $650
- 2nd Prize – Voucher for a set of Taylor Bowls valued at $650
- 3th Prize – A pair of Asics shoes valued at $160
- 4th Prize – A pair of Asics shoes valued at $160
- 5th Prize – A box of toucher spray valued at $120
- 6th Prize – A box of toucher spray valued at $120
- 7th Prize – Pairs entry to the 2020 Victorian Open
- 8th Prize – Pairs entry to the 2020 Victorian Open
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9861 7100.
Bowls Victoria thanks all Regions, Divisions and Clubs for their continued support.
Proudly, dozens of Victorian Bowls Clubs have already hosted Bushfire Relief Events. Read more and advertise your event here.