Sunbury Bowling Club Inc. trading as Club Sunbury offers barefoot bowls, tournaments, school and social bowls together with pennant sides that play metro wide. Our Members participate in a broad range of local, regional, state and national tournaments. Our immaculate greens are the preferred venue for many regional and state-wide tournaments.
We have delivered a state-of-the-art under cover synthetic turf green and Concourse to serve food and beverage within at the front of the Club. This commercial venture will see your business skills come to fruition in delivering the Club’s strategy for expansive market attraction and bowls sports presence within the local community.
The Club is seeking a passionate, hands-on professional to fulfil the role of Bowls Coordinator. This full-time salaried position will report directly to the Club’s General Manager.
The ideal person should possess:
- To attract new customers by networking, liaison, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential bowlers and clients.
- Develop a rapport with new customers and exceed targets for sales by providing support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Strategic planning experience which is a key part of this senior role and it is through a collaborative responsibility which develops the pipeline of new business for the Club.
- Experience in the daily co-ordination of a Bowls Office including the organisation and administration of barefoot bowls activities, corporate bowls, social bowls, tournaments and coordinating sponsorship days and corporate events.
- The ability to promote, organise and co-ordinate regular and major tournaments in conjunction with the Bowls Committee.
- Relevant qualifications and certifications for the hospitality industry such as RSA and Working With Children are all desirable.
To be considered for this role it is desirable that you possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, internal and external
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Above average proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, social media and website tools
- Team building and Communications skills and the ability to work unsupervised in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels to deliver the Club Sunbury Values and Behaviours strategy.
- Business acumen to be a positive representative for the Club and encourages new memberships.
- Involvement with Junior development and Schools Bowls programmes.
- Experience in barefoot bowls programmes, School Bowls programmes, Corporate Day event coordination and Functions/Events integration with bowls.
A competitive remuneration package with incentives will be offered to the successful candidate. Previous applicants need not apply and only successful to interview stage applicants will be contacted.
Closing date/time for applications:
Friday 21st February 2020 at 5pm.
For more information, please click on the position description here.
If you believe that you have the necessary skills and passion to undertake this great opportunity, then please forward your resume with a covering letter to:
PO Box 229
Sunbury VIC 3429
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org