Vale Ken Lee
It is with great sadness to announce the passing of well-known bowler Ken Lee.
Ken was a passionate advocate of our sport in Victoria. A former RVBA Councillor from 1977 onwards, Ken was a Northern Gateway Bowls Region (former Group 10) Chairman, becoming their first ever Patron. At a State level, Ken served many years on numerous RVBA and Bowls Victoria Committees.
But it was at Club level that Ken gave so much to his beloved Essendon Bowls Club:
- President 1990/91, 1991/92 and 1992/93
- Vice President 1984/85 and 1985/86
- Held position of Secretary 1976-1982, Treasurer 1975-76 and Selector at various times
- Manager of Premier Division side winning two premierships 2016 & 2019
- 50 year Membership
- Life Membership from 1991
- Club Singles Champion 1992/93, Club Pairs 1991/92, Club Triples 1978/79 and Club Fours 1987/88
Our thoughts are with his family at this time.
Update: Funeral Services will be held at St Andrew’s Anglican Church, 27 St Kinnord St, Aberfeldie on Friday the 11th of October, commencing at 2:00pm.