Regional Bowls Manager – Eastern Metro & Gippsland
Bowls Australia (BA) is the national sporting organisation responsible for the leadership, development and management of Bowls in Australia. We are a not-for-profit organisation governed by a voluntary board that provides the strategic direction for the sport and the strategies that are implemented by the staff at the national office. BA’s members are the nine state and territory bowls associations. There are over 1,850 clubs and over 670,000 participants nationwide. BA is affiliated with World Bowls and the Australian Commonwealth Games Association where it is a core sport in the Commonwealth Games held every four years.
As a member of the Bowls Australia Bowls Operations Team this position will provide direct assistance to Clubs to increase sustainability of the delivery network and grow the game of bowls. This includes areas such as:
- Business and strategic planning
- Member and participant recruitment / retention
- Funding and grants
- Program development and delivery
- Information technology
- Volunteer strategies.
The Regional Bowls Manager is the on the ground liaison with Bowls Clubs, Regions / Zones / Districts and Local Government Authorities, therefore the role involves a significant amount of travel. The position works in partnership with the Bowls Victoria CEO to deliver both Bowls Australia and Bowls Victoria initiatives.
The success of the program has been based on Team Members’ living and understanding the intricacies of their region. As such, the successful applicant will live within the Region, residing in Eastern Melbourne or Gippsland.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge and / or interest in Bowls.
- Willingness to undertake significant travel on weekly basis.
- Ability to work from home.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding time management with ability to prioritise tasks to meet objectives.
- Ability to deal calmly and consistently with challenging situations utilising standard negotiation and conflict resolution techniques.
- Proficient in data entry, social media, word processing and diary management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate accountability.
- Aptitude to fit in with and form effective working relationships with a range of audiences.
- Current drivers licence.
Desirable attributes include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Sport Management and / or experience in the sports industry.
- Experience in business operations / management or accounting / finance.
The salary for this position is approximately $50,000 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation, a fully maintained vehicle, laptop, mobile phone, uniform and internet connection.
Any questions regarding the role can be directed to email@example.com
To apply for the role please take time to address the described criteria within your Cover Letter.
Closing date for applications is 5th July 2019.