The Leopold Bowls Section of the Leopold Sportsmans club is seeking expressions of interest for a full time Bowls Coach/Coordinator for season 2019/20 and beyond.
The successful candidate will be expected to conduct the day to day business of the Bowls section of the club which will include.
- Coaching of new bowlers
- Coaching on an individual and group basis, tactics etc.
- Be active in recruitment of new members.
- Selection duties for pennant sides.
- Implementing a training regime for both Saturday and midweek pennant teams.
- Play and be a role model in the top side.
- Coordinate club events and tournaments.
- Coordinate a junior bowls program.
- Running a barefoot bowls program.
- Visit schools and businesses to promote bowls and the Leopold Sportsmans club.
The successful candidate should be:
- A qualified Bowls coach or be prepared to complete a coaching course.
- An expericienced player who has played top level pennant bowls.
- Able to work in a team environment within the club.
- Have or obtain a working with children check\Have or obtain a responsible service of alcohol certificate.
Leopold has 180 members of the bowling section,we have five Saturday pennant teams Divisions 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and four midweek teams divisions 2, 4, 4, 5.
We have two excellent greens ,one synthetic and one grass. The club has recently been renovated to include a modern up to date bowls office which is fully equipped.
The successful candidate will be employed on a full time basis with remuneration in the vicinity of 50.000 plus per year.
Leopold Bowls is committed to improving its position in the Geelong Bowls Region and this is an opportunity to get on board and be part of an exciting future.
Expressions of interest may be emailed to email@example.com or contact Secretary Barb Duggan on 0425 818 797 or President Colin Pavey on 0407 535 163.