Member Services & Event Manager Position
Bowls Victoria is the governing body for the sport of bowls in Victoria with the purpose to grow, develop and nurture the sport.
We are responsible for all aspects of bowls in Victoria including governance, events, player development, rules, club services and communications with over 500-member clubs and over 42,000 registered players.
The Member Services & Events Manager position is a full-time role that provides opportunities for an experienced professional to build, lead and direct these areas for Bowls Victoria through:
· undertaking a leadership role in supporting Clubs/Divisions/Regions in their operations
· driving strategic growth through participation and support of bowls through Clubs and their communities
· focusing administratively on major competitions, including pennant, state championships and interstate events, along with the allied areas of facilities (greens), laws and regulations, umpiring and volunteer recruitment & recognition.
This role will suit a strong results-oriented person with a demonstrated ability to oversee and formulate competition programs and provide assistance to a wide range of stakeholders.
Ideally the candidate will have computer and IT skills (working with results systems, websites), along with excellent communication skills, interpersonal, negotiation and management skills.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and working within a small team of staff and coordinating state committees with responsibilities in all previously mentioned areas of pennant, state championships and interstate events, facilities (greens), laws and regulations, umpiring and volunteer recruitment & recognition.
We are seeking someone with:
· proven ability to plan strategically and deliver results
· demonstrated skills in managing small teams
· experience in managing events
· working with volunteers
· relevant experience in working in the bowls environment would be considered
How to Apply
Applications containing a CV and covering letter should be directed to Betty Fang firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Chief Executive, Suite 7, 32-36 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East, VIC 3123, by COB Friday 11 May 2018.
Only Applicants identified to progress to an interview will be notified of acceptance of their application.