Bowls Victoria is the governing body for the sport of bowls in Victoria, encompassing 524 clubs and more than 46,000 members.
We care about the sport. We care about those who play it.
Our primary purpose is to grow, develop and nurture the sport of bowls in Victoria. As an organisation we lead the sport and business of bowls for the benefit of the existing and future Victorian bowls community.
We work in partnership with our Clubs across the state to deliver professional management functions that support our great game including events, player development, rules, club services and communications.
Bowls is a sport that can be played by all ages and abilities, and enjoyed in both a social setting, such as the popular barefoot bowls or competitively at an elite level.
We are an inclusive organisation, channelling our energies to making bowls Victoria's most accessible sport.
Bowls Victoria also has a thriving, informative media network.
We have our own website regularly updated with news and information, a fortnightly e-newsletter Heads Up available by direct email, a YouTube channel, as well as being active on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Instagram.
We also live stream some Bowls Victoria events via the Periscope app and our Twitter page.
· 524 Bowls Clubs across Victoria
· 46,500 members of Bowls Victoria
· Over 200,000 individual social bowling experiences
· Our own media network including news and information on website, Heads Up, and Bowls Victoria YouTube channel
· One degree of separation: Every Victorian that hasn’t bowled knows at least one competition bowler and at least two people who have bowled socially
· Club competition events comprise strong Country and Metro Saturday Pennant (34,000 participants) and Midweek Pennant (22,000 participants) in a season that runs from September to April.
· Bowls Victoria conducts team events during the year including:
o Victorian Open
o State Championship Week
o Over-60s Singles and Pairs Championships
o Regional Sides Championships